TARA Biosystems, Inc. is a rapidly growing life science company developing physiologically relevant ”heart-on-a-chip” tissue models and proprietary cardiac data analytics for drug discovery and development applications. We operate in a fast‐paced environment where you will have the opportunity to contribute to all facets of the business, from reinforcing TARA’s solid scientific reputation to cementing a lasting company culture based on innovation and mutual respect. TARA is seeking a high performing and enthusiastic individual who can quickly integrate into our team and make an impact on day one!
Reporting to the Chief Scientific Officer, the Director, Drug Discovery will optimize and apply TARA’s suite of in vitro assays and engineered tissue models in support of small molecule drug discovery. Key responsibilities of this lab-based role include supervising and mentoring a team of scientists and interacting with internal stakeholder and external partners.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
- PhD in pharmacology, biochemistry, cell biology or related areas; relevant postdoctoral experience is preferred.
- A minimum of 7 years of industry-based drug discovery experience (i.e. pharma, biotech, CRO). Experience in the cardiometabolic arena is preferred.
- Experience supervising and mentoring laboratory-based direct reports.
- Experience working with cell- and tissue-based assays.
- Experience working in research collaboration with external partners.
- A successful track record of publications in high-impact, peer-reviewed journals and presentations at relevant research meetings and tradeshows.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
In addition to a competitive compensation package that includes stock options and bonus eligibility, TARA promotes work/life balance and the overall health and wellbeing of its employees through an attractive, comprehensive benefits program that includes:
- Competitive holiday and vacation benefits.
- Company-subsidized medical, dental, and vision benefits.
- Company-sponsored access to telemedicine services, for online medical consults.
- Company-sponsored membership to One Medical for you, your spouse, and children.
- Company-sponsored membership to an on-site 24-hour employee gym.
- FSA benefits program for pre-tax healthcare and dependent care expenses.
- A 401K program, including low expense fee options, for pre-tax retirement savings.
- Commuter benefits program for pre-tax transit expenses.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.