TARA Biosystems, Inc. is a rapidly growing life science company developing physiologically-relevant “human-on-a-chip” tissue models and proprietary data analytics for drug discovery and development applications. We operate in a fast‐paced environment where you will have the opportunity to contribute to all facets of the business, from reinforcing TARA’s solid scientific reputation to cementing a lasting company culture based on innovation and mutual respect. TARA is seeking a high performing and enthusiastic individual who can quickly integrate into our team and make an impact on day one!
Reporting to TARA’s Team Lead, Platform Development & Manufacturing, the Engineer will play a key role in the manufacturing and quality control (QC) of TARA’s current Biowire™ II platform, used for producing, maintaining, and testing engineered cardiac tissues. The ideal candidate will perform manufacturing processes in strict accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Quality Management System (QMS) procedures. They will document manufacturing and Quality Control (QC) processes and log activity, all with minimal supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build/manufacture platform components/supplies used for cardiac tissue production, maintenance, and testing
- Inspect manufactured platform components for quality assurance
- Adhere to all safety, quality, and production standards
- Data entry for platform inventory tracking and production planning
- Complete checklists, logs, and records per SOPs and QMS procedures
- Generate SOPs, protocols, and batch documents as needed
- Train future lab personnel on SOPs
- Monitor and manage inventory of (1) supplies needed for manufacturing processes and (2) manufactured platform components needed by tissue production/testing team
- Track and document resource usage and availability
- Maintain and calibrate manufacturing equipment
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities for both the process and the equipment
- Design prototypes for next-generation platform development
- While performing the duties of this job, TARA Engineers are regularly required to stand, walk, and use their hands to handle hand tools, power tools, and small parts
- A bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline required; one or more years of experience working in a commercial manufacturing lab, bioengineering lab, and/or cleanroom preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office required. Proficiency with CAD software (SolidWorks), MATLAB, and/or C++ a plus
- Exceptionally keen attention to detail
- Compliance‐oriented, with high respect for the importance of standards, documentation, and routine/repetition
- Must be a cross‐functional team player, but also be able to work independently, i.e. able to achieve results as an individual AND achieve results with and through colleagues
- Must be able to multi‐task, prioritize, and handle multiple projects at once
- Must be flexible and able to quickly adapt to dynamic working conditions
- Ability to operate manual, semi-automated, and automated equipment in support of routine production
- General dexterity and ability to use hand/power tools
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
In addition to a competitive compensation package that includes stock options and bonus eligibility, TARA promotes work/life balance and the overall health and wellbeing of its employees through an attractive, comprehensive benefits program that includes:
- Competitive holiday and vacation benefits.
- Company-subsidized medical, dental, and vision benefits.
- Company-sponsored access to telemedicine services, for online medical consults.
- Company-sponsored membership to One Medical for you, your spouse, and children.
- Company-sponsored membership to an on-site 24-hour employee gym.
- FSA benefits program for pre-tax healthcare and dependent care expenses.
- A 401K program, including low expense fee options, for pre-tax retirement savings.
- Commuter benefits program for pre-tax transit expenses.
Please submit a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.