TARA Biosystems, Inc. is a rapidly growing life science company developing physiologically relevant “heart-on-a-chip” tissue models and proprietary cardiac data analytics for drug discovery and development applications. We operate in a fast‐paced environment where you will have the opportunity to contribute to all facets of the business, from reinforcing TARA’s solid scientific reputation to cementing a lasting company culture based on innovation and mutual respect. TARA is seeking a high performing and enthusiastic individual who can quickly integrate into our team and make an impact on day one!
Reporting to the VP, Finance & Administration, we have a unique role for a high-performing finance professional looking to take their career to the next level. This role provides the unique opportunity to run and manage key finance and accounting operations and the same time take on important projects supporting HR, IT, Contracting and Business Development. We are looking for someone who has a strong accounting background and a passion for scaling business operations in small company start-up environment.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Developing and building accounting systems and capabilities to support company growth.
- Support the VP of Finance with forecasting and planning, as well as developing management reporting tools for business partners.
- Lead initiatives to improve key processes and analytics.
- Coordinating, preparing and reviewing monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Work closely with the Associate Director of Corporate Operations to implement new processes and tools supporting the growth and scaling of company operations in the areas of contract management, human resources, and corporate operation systems.
- Running the accounts payable and accounts receivable operations; requires working closely with business partners in operations and business development.
- All month-end accounting close activities; bank reconciliations, amortization & deprecation, accruals, cost of service reporting and revenue recognition.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance and 4 to 6 years of prior work experience in a finance and accounting role responsible for financial statement preparation and annual budgeting and planning.
- Experience scaling business operations in a small team or start-up environment in biotechnology industry is a plus.
- Knowledge of accounting principles, and best practices as they apply to all aspects of a company’s operations: revenue, operations, research & development, selling & general administrative expenses.
- Solid experience with financial analysis and forecasting, including experience with financial statement financial modeling, preparing statistical reports and making recommendations based on analysis and research.
- High degree of proficiency with accounting systems such as Quickbooks, NetSuite, Microsoft Dynamics.
- Ability to manage large amounts of raw data to organize, analyze and present for business partners.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word experience.
- Self-starter with the ability to problem solve and troubleshoot issues independently.
- Must project a calm, positive, can-do attitude at all times, setting an example for colleagues.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
In addition to a competitive compensation package that includes stock options and bonus eligibility, TARA promotes work/life balance and the overall health and wellbeing of its employees through an attractive, comprehensive benefits program.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.