TARA Biosystems, Inc. is rapidly growing life science company developing physiologically‐ relevant “heart‐on‐a‐chip” tissue models and proprietary cardiac data analytics for drug discovery and development applications. We operate in a fast‐paced environment where you will have the opportunity to contribute to all facets of the business, from reinforcing TARA’s solid scientific reputation to cementing a lasting company culture based on innovation and mutual respect. TARA is seeking high performing individuals who can quickly integrate into our team and make an impact on Day One!
You have a passion for organizing a research laboratory’s operations: maximizing productivity and reducing down-time to an absolute minimum. You thrive knowing we all depend on you to keep the labs running reliably. You have great hands in the lab and conduct independent experiments with minimal supervision. You consistently use the data you generate to give a verdict on cell health, reagent performance, SOP modifications, and other parameters that could affect everyone’s experiments. You perform experiments reliably, efficiently and accurately in strict accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Quality Management System (QMS) procedure. In this role, you will report to the Associate Director, Laboratory Operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Tissue culture production and analysis:
- Seed cells for growth and maintain tissue cultures
- Prepare reagents
- Perform imaging-based screening assays
- Perform, analyze and compile assay results
- Data entry
- Coordinate logistics, compile datasets, generate standard report documents and data presentations for commercial projects
- Complete checklists, logs and records per SOPs and QMS procedures.
- Lab management:
- Training lab personnel on new SOPs and ensuring environmental health and safety training
- Monitor and manage inventory and vendor relationships
- Track and document resource usage and availability
- Ensure laboratory environmental health and safety compliance
- Lab infrastructure management:
- Document and track laboratory equipment
- Verify proper function of laboratory equipment
- Maintain and calibrate laboratory equipment
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in cell biology, pharmacology, biotechnology or a related discipline; or equivalent.
- At least 2 years of experience performing cell/tissue‐based assays in an industrial or commercial lab setting including experience with:
- Sterile tissue culture methods
- Recording and analyzing biological data
- Lab management
- Exceptionally keen attention to detail
- Compliance‐oriented, with high respect for the importance of standards, documentation and routine/repetition
- Must be a cross‐functional team‐player but also be able to work independently, i.e. to be able to achieve results as an individual AND achieve results with and through colleagues
- Must be able to multi‐task, prioritize, and handle multiple projects at once
- Must be flexible and able to quickly adapt to dynamic working conditions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with productivity and laboratory software
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
In addition to a competitive compensation package that includes stock options and bonus eligibility, TARA promotes work/life balance and the overall health and well–being of its employees through an attractive, comprehensive benefits program.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.