TARA Biosystems, Inc. is a rapidly growing life science company developing physiologically‐ relevant ”heart‐on‐a‐chip” tissue models and proprietary cardiac data analytics for drug discovery and development applications. We operate in a fast‐paced environment where you will have the opportunity to contribute to all facets of the business, from reinforcing TARA’s solid scientific reputation to cementing a lasting company culture based on innovation and mutual respect. TARA is seeking high performing individuals who can quickly integrate into our team and make an impact on Day One!
As a member of our growing team, the Research Associate will be responsible for performing laboratory‐based activities with a high degree of reliability, efficiency, and accuracy in strict accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Quality Management System (QMS) procedure. This role reports to the Associate Director, Laboratory Operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Tissue culture production and analysis:
- Seed and maintain tissue cultures
- Prepare reagents
- Perform imaging-based screening assays
- Collect, analyze and compile assay results
- Complete checklists, logs and records per SOPs and QMS procedures.
- Verify proper function of laboratory equipment.
- Maintenance and calibration of laboratory equipment.
- Maintenance of reagent, supply and equipment inventory.
- BS degree in cell biology, pharmacology, biotechnology or a related discipline
- At least 1 year of experience performing cell/tissue‐based assays in an industrial or commercial lab setting including experience with:
- Sterile tissue culture methods
- Recording and analyzing biological data
- Exceptionally keen attention to detail.
- Compliance‐oriented, with high respect for the importance of standards, documentation and routine/repetition.
- Must be a cross‐functional team‐player but also be able to work independently, e. to be able to achieve results as an individual AND achieve results with and through colleagues.
- Must be able to multi‐task, prioritize, and handle multiple projects at once.
- Must be flexible and able to quickly adapt to dynamic working conditions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
In addition to a competitive compensation package that includes stock options and bonus eligibility, TARA promotes work/life balance and the overall health and well-being of its employees through an attractive, comprehensive benefits program.
Please submit a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.