TARA Biosystems, Inc. is a rapidly growing life science company developing physiologically-relevant ”heart-on-a-chip” tissue models and proprietary cardiac data analytics for drug discovery and development applications. We operate in a fast‐paced environment where you will have the opportunity to contribute to all facets of the business, from reinforcing TARA’s solid scientific reputation to cementing a lasting company culture based on innovation and mutual respect. TARA is seeking a high performing and enthusiastic individual who can quickly integrate into our team and make an impact on day one!
As a key member of our growing team, the Research Associate will be responsible for performing laboratory‐based activities with a high degree of reliability, efficiency, and accuracy in strict accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Quality Management System (QMS) procedure. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to work in a dynamic environment on cutting edge science in the growing field of complex iPSC-derived tissue models. The candidate must: (1) be a cross‐functional team‐player but also be able to work independently, i.e. to be able to achieve results as an individual and achieve results with and through colleagues, (2) be able to multi‐task, prioritize, and handle multiple projects at once, and (3) be flexible and able to quickly adapt to dynamic working conditions and a deadline driven environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare reagents and maintain inventory systems.
- Seed and maintain tissue cultures. Support routine cell culture including media changes, passaging and freezing cells.
- Perform compound screening assays on a routine basis.
- Perform experiments to characterize healthy and disease tissues including immunofluorescence, western blots, RT-qPCR and ELISAs on an ad-hoc basis.
- Collect, format, and perform data analysis using PRISM.
- Generate standard technical reports and maintain a detailed lab notebook.
- Verify proper function of laboratory equipment and instrumentation.
- Perform assay, equipment and instrumentation troubleshooting under guidance from senior members of the group.
- Complete checklists, logs, and records per SOPs and QMS procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in cell biology, bio-chemistry, biotechnology, biomedical engineering or a related discipline.
- At least 2 years of experience performing cell/tissue‐based assays in an industrial or commercial lab setting.
- Experience with fluorescent microscopy and immunofluorescence techniques.
- Experience with sterile tissue culture utilizing aseptic technique. Prior experience with engineered tissues and/or stem cell culture a plus.
- Experience recording and analyzing biological data.
- Experience with gene and protein expression techniques such as RT-qPCR and western blotting.
- Exceptionally keen attention to detail.
- Exceptional dexterity, fine‐motor skills and hand‐eye coordination.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with statistical analysis tools like Prism and JMP, ideally also with MATLAB.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
In addition to a competitive compensation package that includes stock options and bonus eligibility, TARA promotes work/life balance and the overall health and wellbeing of its employees through an attractive, comprehensive benefits program that includes:
- Competitive holiday and vacation benefits.
- Company-subsidized medical, dental, and vision benefits.
- Company-sponsored access to telemedicine services, for online medical consults.
- Company-sponsored membership to One Medical for you, your spouse, and children.
- Company-sponsored membership to an on-site 24-hour employee gym.
- FSA benefits program for pre-tax healthcare and dependent care expenses.
- A 401K program, including low expense fee options, for pre-tax retirement savings.
- Commuter benefits program for pre-tax transit expenses.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.