TARA Biosystems, Inc. is a rapidly growing life science company developing physiologically relevant ”heart‐on‐a‐chip” tissue models and proprietary cardiac data analytics for drug discovery, disease modeling and development applications. We operate in a fast‐paced environment where you will have the opportunity to contribute to all facets of the business, from reinforcing TARA’s solid scientific reputation to cementing a lasting company culture based on innovation and mutual respect. TARA is seeking a high performing and enthusiastic individual who can quickly integrate into our team and make an impact on day one!
As a key member of our growing scientific team, the Research Scientist will be part of our disease modeling group and will be involved in developing and executing research and experimental plans. They will work with cutting edge science in the growing field of complex iPSC-derived tissue models. They will perform laboratory‐based activities with a high degree of reliability, efficiency, and accuracy. We seek a cross‐functional team‐player who can work independently and achieve results with and through colleagues. At TARA we work on multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and optimize SOPs for tissue culture and tissue characterization.
- Strategize with scientific teams to optimize research plans for developing disease models.
- Seed and maintain tissue cultures.
- Perform disease model tissue assessments and compound screening assays on a routine basis.
- Perform experiments to characterize tissue models including immunofluorescence, western blots, RT-qPCR and ELISAs on an ad-hoc basis.
- Collect, format, and perform data analysis using MATLAB and PRISM.
- Generate standard technical reports and maintain a detailed lab notebook.
- Verify proper function of laboratory equipment and instrumentation.
- Perform assay, equipment and instrumentation troubleshooting under guidance from senior members of the group.
- PhD in cell biology, biochemistry, biotechnology, biomedical engineering or a related discipline, or a master’s degree and 5+ years of academic or industry experience in a related field.
- Experience optimizing protocols and performing complex data analysis.
- At least 2 years of experience performing cell/tissue‐based assays in an industrial or commercial lab setting. Experience in assay development a plus.
- Experience with fluorescent microscopy and immunofluorescence techniques.
- Prior experience with cardiovascular disease research a plus.
- Experience with sterile tissue culture utilizing aseptic technique. Prior experience with engineered tissues and/or stem cell culture a plus.
- Experience recording and analyzing biological data.
- Experience with gene and protein expression techniques such as RT-qPCR and western blotting.
- Exceptionally keen attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with statistical analysis tools like Prism or JMP preferred.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
In addition to a competitive compensation package that includes stock options and bonus eligibility, TARA promotes work/life balance and the overall health and wellbeing of its employees through an attractive, comprehensive benefits program that includes:
- Competitive holiday and vacation benefits.
- Company-subsidized medical, dental, and vision benefits.
- Company-sponsored access to telemedicine services, for online medical consults.
- Company-sponsored membership to One Medical for you, your spouse, and children.
- Company-sponsored membership to an on-site 24-hour employee gym.
- FSA benefits program for pre-tax healthcare and dependent care expenses.
- A 401K program, including low expense fee options, for pre-tax retirement savings.
- Commuter benefits program for pre-tax transit expenses.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.