Reporting to the Chief Scientific Officer, the Senior Director of Assay Development will lead efforts to expand and optimize TARA’s suite of assays and engineered tissue models by both internal efforts and the development of external partnerships. Key responsibilities include supervising and mentoring a team of lab-based scientists and collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to design and build novel models.
- PhD in cell biology, pharmacology, bioengineering, biochemistry or a related area; relevant postdoctoral experience is preferred.
- A minimum of 12 years of relevant industry (i.e. pharma, biotech, CRO) experience in the field of in vitro assay/product development; experience in the cardiometabolic arena is preferred.
- Experience managing scientific collaborations with industry and academic peers.
- Exceptional people management expertise including supervising, coaching and mentoring of direct reports.
- A strong record of publications in high-impact, peer-reviewed journals and presentations at relevant research meetings and trade shows.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
In addition to a competitive compensation package that includes stock options and bonus eligibility, TARA promotes work/life balance and the overall health and wellbeing of its employees through an attractive, comprehensive benefits program that includes:
- Competitive holiday and vacation benefits.
- Company-subsidized medical, dental, and vision benefits.
- Company-sponsored access to telemedicine services, for online medical consults.
- Company-sponsored membership to One Medical for you, your spouse, and children.
- Company-sponsored membership to an on-site 24-hour employee gym.
- FSA benefits program for pre-tax healthcare and dependent care expenses.
- A 401K program, including low expense fee options, for pre-tax retirement savings.
- Commuter benefits program for pre-tax transit expenses.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
TARA Biosystems, Inc. is a rapidly growing life science company developing physiologically-relevant ”human-on-a-chip” tissue models and proprietary data analytics for drug discovery and development applications. We operate in a fast‐paced environment where you will have the opportunity to contribute to all facets of the business, from reinforcing TARA’s solid scientific reputation to cementing a lasting company culture based on innovation and mutual respect. TARA is seeking a high performing and enthusiastic individual who can quickly integrate into our team and make an impact on day one!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.