TARA Biosystems, Inc. is a rapidly growing life science company developing physiologically‐relevant “heart‐on‐a‐chip“ tissue models and proprietary cardiac data analytics for drug discovery and development applications. We operate in a fast‐paced environment where you will have the opportunity to contribute to all facets of the business, from reinforcing TARA’s solid scientific reputation to cementing a lasting company culture based on innovation and mutual respect. TARA is seeking high performing individuals who can quickly integrate into our team and make an impact on Day One!
You have a passion for the generation of high–quality data. You understand, respect and adhere to SOPs in a production process. But you are equally passionate and capable of improving the process. You understand and operate routinely between development and production environments. You are fearless in the face of the scientific and engineering challenges of achieving higher scale, content and quality from a complex biological system. If you possess this rare combination of abilities in production and innovation, we invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity to join our team as a Senior Research Scientist.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Tissue culture production and analysis
- Seed and maintain tissue cultures
- Prepare reagents
- Perform imaging-based screening assays
- Collect, analyze and compile assay results
- Tissue production and commercial assay QC
- Review data sets to identify failures
- Identify novel QC metrics to increase production and assay robustness
- Generate informative statistics for tissue production and assay data
- Commercial project management and execution
- Coordinate project team logistics, perform individual experiments and analysis, generate standard compiled report documents and data presentations for commercial projects
- Present data internally and externally
- Design and implementation of SOP modifications to increase the capacity and improve the quality of tissue production, including modeling of resource requirements
- Design and implementation of SOP modifications to increase the capacity and improve the quality of commercially launched assays as well as pre-commercial assays under development by yourself or others.
- Data mining to inform improvement efforts
- Plan and optimize experiments for the development of new assays
- Complete checklists, logs and records per SOPs and QMS procedures
- PhD degree in cell biology, pharmacology, biotechnology or a related discipline, or equivalent
- At least 2 years of experience performing cell/tissue‐based assays in an industrial or commercial lab setting including experience with:
- Light/Fluorescence microscopy
- Sterile tissue culture methods
- Recording and analyzing biological data
- Exceptionally keen attention to detail
- Compliance‐oriented, with high respect for the importance of standards, documentation and a locked-down production vs. development environment
- Must be a cross‐functional team‐player but also be able to work independently, i.e. to be able to achieve results as an individual AND achieve results with and through colleagues
- Must be able to multi‐task, prioritize, and handle multiple projects at once
- Must be flexible and able to quickly adapt to dynamic working conditions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with statistics for assay optimization, including DOE, highly preferred
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
In addition to a competitive compensation package that includes stock options and bonus eligibility, TARA promotes work/life balance and the overall health and well–being of its employees through an attractive, comprehensive benefits program.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.