TARA Biosystems, Inc. is a rapidly growing life science company developing physiologically relevant ”heart-on-a-chip” tissue models and proprietary cardiac data analytics for drug discovery and development applications. We operate in a fast-paced environment where you will have the opportunity to contribute to all facets of the business, from reinforcing TARA’s solid scientific reputation to cementing a lasting company culture based on innovation and mutual respect. TARA is seeking a high performing and enthusiastic individual who can quickly integrate into our team and make an impact on day one!
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the VP, Platform Engineering & Manufacturing will be responsible for:
- Building and leading a team of biologists, engineers, software developers, and data scientists.
- Manufacturing and scaling of TARA’s current and next-generation tissue production platform.
- Improving yields and enhancing efficiency of tissue production and testing.
- Driving efforts to achieve and maintain reliable platform production and consistent high-quality tissue biology.
- Expanding TARA’s data infrastructure for internal R&D and quality efforts.
- Serving as an internal thought partner to senior leadership on all matters pertaining to engineering and data infrastructure and will represent TARA as a thought leader in the field of complex bioengineering systems
- PhD or equivalent in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, or related field.
- At least 12 years of relevant work experience with the development and commercial scale-up of complex bioengineering systems or medical devices, i.e. micro-scale systems for cell, tissue, and/or organ engineering, preferably for cardiovascular and/or musculoskeletal applications.
- At least 3 year of experience reporting directly to VP or C-level management.
- In-depth knowledge of existing and emerging methodologies and technologies relevant for tissue engineering and in the organoid engineering space.
- Passion and drive for continuous process improvement through tenacious attention to detail, rigorous root cause analysis problem-solving, and a disciplined approach to developing and propagating SOPs.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, mentor and inspire a multi-disciplinary team.
- Must be highly flexible and comfortable with a highly dynamic environment and, as necessary, rapid “design-fab-evaluate” cycles with less than perfect information.
- Enthusiasm for science, honesty, accountability, camaraderie and commitment to research for human patients are essential.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
In addition to a competitive compensation package that includes stock options and bonus eligibility, TARA promotes work/life balance and the overall health and wellbeing of its employees through an attractive, comprehensive benefits program that includes:
- Competitive holiday and vacation benefits.
- Company-subsidized medical, dental, and vision benefits.
- Company-sponsored access to telemedicine services, for online medical consults.
- Company-sponsored membership to One Medical for you, your spouse, and children.
- Company-sponsored membership to an on-site 24-hour employee gym.
- FSA benefits program for pre-tax healthcare and dependent care expenses.
- A 401K program, including low expense fee options, for pre-tax retirement savings.
- Commuter benefits program for pre-tax transit expenses.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.